September 7-9, 2018 | The Westin Michigan Avenue, Chicago, IL
This course has been designed to present knee, shoulder, elbow, hip and sports medicine ailments and the most advanced treatment options from nationally and internationally recognized orthopaedic surgeons. Live surgery broadcasts, workshops, case presentations and panel discussions will offer the participants the opportunity to interact with faculty and learn the most current solutions to these challenging problems.
Orthopaedic surgeons, primary care practitioners, athletic trainers, physical therapists, and other healthcare professionals whose scope of practice includes sports medicine.
- Identify diagnostic evaluation, indications, non-operative, surgical management and rehabilitation of complex shoulder instability patients.
- Identify diagnostic evaluation, non-operative treatment, surgical indications, and rehabilitation for basic, complex and revision rotator cuff tear.
- Review non-operative, surgical and rehabilitation management options for degenerative shoulder disease including non-operative care, arthroscopic indications and shoulder replacement strategies in the young active patient.
- Evaluate and treat basic and complex knee ligament injuries including surgical management, injury prevention and rehabilitation.
- Identify, evaluate, and manage Femoral Acetabular Impingement and Labral Tears of the hip
- Recognize contemporary rehabilitation programs and return to play guidelines for common shoulder, knee and hip problems.
- Recognize contemporary rehabilitation techniques following cartilage procedures of the knee including timing to return to activities.
- Classify patients with meniscal deficiency, patellofemoral cartilage lesions or tibiofemoral articular cartilage defects.
- Associate Chairman and Professor, Department of Orthopedics, Rush University Medical Center
- Chairman, Department of Surgery, Rush OPH
- Managing Partner, Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush
- Team Physician Chicago Bulls and Chicago White Sox
- Professor and Director, Division of Sports Medicine
- Fellowship Director, Sports Medicine
- Department of Orthopedics, Rush University Medical Center
- Team Physician, Chicago White Sox/Chicago Bulls
Kevin is Associate Clinical Director for Champion Sports Medicine (a Select Medical Facility) in Birmingham, AL. In addition, he is the Director of Rehabilitative Research at the American Sports Medicine Institute in Birmingham and is Adjunct Assistant Professor in the Physical Therapy Program at Marquette University in Milwaukee, WI. Kevin is also the Rehabilitation Consultant for the Tampa Bay Rays’ Baseball Team, and has worked with the Rays for 18 years.