Episode 17.22 with Hosts Steve Kashul and Dr. Brian Cole. Broadcasting on ESPN Chicago 1000 WMVP-AM Radio, Saturdays from 8:30 to 9:00 AM/c.
Segment One (01:56): Karen Malkin from Karen Malkin Health Counseling talks with Steve and Dr. Cole about customizing your diet to your own physiology and biology. With all the options-resources available today and information overload, Karen helps to simplify decisions on “Whats Right for Me”.
For Special Savings with Karen please visit:
14daytransformation.com and use the Coupon Code ESPN1000
Segment Two (16:03): Samantha Cochran from Athletico Physical Therapy discusses helmet safety when participating in various sports, proper use and fitting of helmets. While all leagues and teams require helmets, many coaches, players and parents don’t know exactly how to choose a helmet that will provide the right protection. Athletico has developed a step-by-step guide to educate parents, athletes and coaches on selecting and wearing helmets.
- Always follow manufacturer’s guidelines when fitting any helmet
- Hair should be wet when fitting any helmet
- Each part of the helmet serves a purpose
- Attention to detail and wearing every helmet properly ensures maximum protection
- Never cut corners
- Replace any helmet that has been damaged
- Look for the NOCSAE seal of approval
- Comfort is key
- If your helmet is fitted properly but not comfortable, explore other options
Samantha Cochran is an athletic trainer with Athletico Physical Therapy at Malcolm X College within the City Colleges of Chicago. She received her Master of Science degree with a concentration in Kinesiology in 2014 from Texas A&M University – Corpus Christi. In her time at TAMUCC she served as a graduate assistant athletic trainer for Islanders’ athletics from 2012-2014.